Topic-icon Apartheid and the Coloured people

More
16 years 3 months ago #15434 by Alchemy
I dont get this post, how does it differ from what guys like Critikill, Jayk, Blackstar and many others have said before. Seems we are caught on a racial wormhole on this site.:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15453 by titoM

All the "know it alls" maybe you should give this one a miss. All the others, try and read some of his other works, and also works by such poets as Adam Small, Arthur Nortje, etc.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15456 by Alchemy
Another user as JayK has pointed out who creates himself a username for one intent only, a cheap pot shot then backs into the shadows again. Then they really must be know it alls cause most of the stuff in your post has been covered in some way by the pople mentioned. You draw your own conclusions to the significance of this post.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15460 by titoM
Read the first couple of my paragraphs carefully again. That's my only contribution, no mention of the significance of the post, just a sharing of an article for those who want to use it, otherwise just move on, that's the beauty of the internet.

Apologies to those who have already made similar contributions, I have not got the time to read every post that was created from day one.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15463 by Spell Jammer
How, but didnt you accuse the know it alls to steer clear?

More
16 years 3 months ago #15469 by titoM
A suggestion was made, not an accusation!!

My perceptions of this site (rightfully or wrongfully) have been that, there are a lot of people out there who think that Coloured people have been sitting around idly doing nothing about their situation and have not made any significant contributions to the demise of apartheid and the upliftment of the peoples of South Africa.

I am merely trying to plant a seed for those who want to know more, so that they can go out there and find out for themselves about the history of our people.

Once again apologies if this has already been covered. About the significance or insignificance, don't you think if 1 of the 4200 registered user find something useful, it may have been worth their while. "Knowledge is power".

Some things are worth repeating.

The poet and philosopher, Adam Small, has written:
"Racism is a phenomenon of inferiority. Our blackness is a phenomenon of
pride... We can no longer care whether or not whites understand us. What we do care about is understanding ourselves, and in the course of this task, helping the whites to understand themselves. We are rejecting the idea that we live by their grace (i.e., that they have the right to decide our future). We may live by the Grace of God, but we do not live by the grace of the whites."

More
16 years 3 months ago #15471 by Spell Jammer
Thats very true, but heres a suggestion when you make a statement like the know it alls should steer cleer you are generalising. Do you think that particular statement was entirely neccesary.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15476 by Cjoe

Once again apologies if this has already been covered. About the significance or insignificance, don't you think if 1 of the 4200 registered user find something useful, it may have been worth their while. "Knowledge is power".

I'm down with that. - Thanks for the article.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15484 by Herbsta
JayK....if the sandal fits....

TitoM....thanks a lot, post more if you have!

More
16 years 3 months ago #15485 by Spell Jammer
Herbsta, you really dont read my friend!

"Thats very true, but heres a suggestion when you make a statement like the know it alls should steer cleer you are generalising."

This means I enjoyed the article! Case and point Cjoe! People just dont read on this site!!

More
16 years 3 months ago #15491 by Babyjuice
Yes some people dont read and they tend to take things as it is stated. How about reading between the lines.

This is a very interesting topic indeed. Thanks a lot

More
16 years 3 months ago #15493 by Alchemy
Eish no, Iraan please come back, and bring ASP while you at it. This is pathetic, not the post but individuals inability to comprehend what others are saying anymore. Its a sad state of affairs I tell you.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15495 by Babyjuice
What's your beef Alchemy?

The author of this post apologised or am I seeing things, strange things?

More
16 years 3 months ago #15497 by Spell Jammer
I sit in utter bewilderment! What did I actually say to the author except agree with his post? Im thinking of taking up Latin Alch, maybe its more comprehensive. My mind is in great turmoil due to the extreme amount of theory beeing posted. It is very difficult for my mind to process it all without wanting to lie down and sleep. There was that better? Awake me when sanity has actually prevailed.

More
16 years 3 months ago #15500 by Likwidzoe
titoM wrote:

The poet and philosopher, Adam Small, has written:
"Racism is a phenomenon of inferiority. Our blackness is a phenomenon of
pride... We can no longer care whether or not whites understand us. "

As reluctant as I was to mention anything on this topic as I had decided tp be a spectator and just sit back absorb and learn .... but well done titoM on that ekse......

Lemme reminded you all today that real power comes from being proactive... It comes from walking away from unacceptable shite. It comes from confronting head on the kak you can and want to change. It comes from the realization that as much kak as we may talk about what other mufuckas have done to us mense and how it has damaged us, how we are still healing as bruin mense, we still have ultimate power over ourselves, our moods, our happiness ekse...

Plus couizins power oso comes from accepting that sometimes you just have to give up............ver-understand julle?

nuff sed.....

More
16 years 3 months ago #15502 by Platinum
OUSAN !!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Dat a Man LIKWEIRDO !!!!!

ONS VERSTAAN !!!

The fear of loosing is far greater then the HAPPINESS of success

More
16 years 3 months ago #15504 by Likwidzoe
Yip Plat hun, u mus check the posturing a coupla lines down under this post ekse....... Well it's fascinating in an awful sort of way how easily we misunderstand each other. The slightest nip and tuck in phrasing could invite a veritable shitload of wrong impressions.........

nuff sed.....

More
16 years 3 months ago #15509 by Alchemy
Ya ou Likwid, i reckon a new dialect should be started ek se bra. Ive have never seen as many communication breakdowns as I have in this past week.;)

More
16 years 3 months ago #15511 by leolady
SINCE SEEING YOU ARE TAKING THIS ISSUE PERSONALLY AND NOT PREPARED TO DEBATE THE ISSUE AT HAND WITH SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF "SOME COLOURED PEOPLE", YOU ARE GOING TO GET A PIECE OF ME!!

FOR THE RECORD, SOMETHING YOUR PARENTS FORGOT TO TEACH YOU WHILE THEY WERE BUSY DOING THEIR THING/RUNNING AROUND FOR THE CAUSE WAS "MANNERS" AND HOW TO TALK TO AN ELDER, ESPECIALLY A LADY. YOU SORRY CASE FOR A MAN!!!!

Now let's get down to some serious discussions now that I've got that off my chest.

You quote some good articles for reading and discussion BUT as indicated in my previous discussions, lets find solutions to the problems at hand and work together as a team "THE Bruinou TEAM", instead of carrying this past load/vendetta around with us. You come across as a well learnered individual, good for you but how about putting some of that vent up anger to action.

Discuss the good you've done to assist some of our fellow Bruinous. What further plans you have for them and ask the fellow forumees to discuss/relay what they done to improve the life style of "BruinouS".

This is what I do for our "Bruinou YOUTH":

On a daily basis my various contacts in the SETAS, Dept of Educ, Recruitment Agencies, etc. email me when there are major employment opportunities for "disadvantaged people/youth" which I forward onto various "Coloured" contacts (Bruinou.COM can confirm this), because I want to see our youth flourish with opportunities some of us were deprived of.

What do you do????

Another thing, you have this major chip on your shoulder about welders, boilermakers etc. - it's a job sweety - they are earning an income instead of standing in welfare lines waiting for handouts. They chose this career, it was not forced upon them - yes back then this was one of the only means of employment available but they could of carried on furthering education to obtain better employment "like some of us" but some chose not to. So why should I feel sorry for someone who dwells in his/her sorrows. Hell no man, I don't recall my mother telling me I had a twin.

Think about it, sleep on it, do whatever you wish about it BUT remember:
GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES!!
ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN ONE DAY!
LIFE IS A CHALLENGE - MEET IT!

:side:

I KNOW I'VE JUST MADE YOUR DAY!!! COME ON ADMIT IT!!!!
:P :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #15512 by leolady
SINCE SEEING YOU ARE TAKING THIS ISSUE PERSONALLY AND NOT PREPARED TO DEBATE THE ISSUE AT HAND WITH SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF "SOME COLOURED PEOPLE", YOU ARE GOING TO GET A PIECE OF ME!!

FOR THE RECORD, SOMETHING YOUR PARENTS FORGOT TO TEACH YOU WHILE THEY WERE BUSY DOING THEIR THING/RUNNING AROUND FOR THE CAUSE WAS "MANNERS" AND HOW TO TALK TO AN ELDER, ESPECIALLY A LADY. YOU SORRY CASE FOR A MAN!!!!

Now let's get down to some serious discussions now that I've got that off my chest.

You quote some good articles for reading and discussion BUT as indicated in my previous discussions, lets find solutions to the problems at hand and work together as a team "THE Bruinou TEAM", instead of carrying this past load/vendetta around with us. You come across as a well learnered individual, good for you but how about putting some of that vent up anger to action.

Discuss the good you've done to assist some of our fellow Bruinous. What further plans you have for them and ask the fellow forumees to discuss/relay what they done to improve the life style of "BruinouS".

This is what I do for our "Bruinou YOUTH":

On a daily basis my various contacts in the SETAS, Dept of Educ, Recruitment Agencies, etc. email me when there are major employment opportunities for "disadvantaged people/youth" which I forward onto various "Coloured" contacts (Bruinou.COM can confirm this), because I want to see our youth flourish with opportunities some of us were deprived of.

What do you do????

Another thing, you have this major chip on your shoulder about welders, boilermakers etc. - it's a job sweety - they are earning an income instead of standing in welfare lines waiting for handouts. They chose this career, it was not forced upon them - yes back then this was one of the only means of employment available but they could of carried on furthering education to obtain better employment "like some of us" but some chose not to. So why should I feel sorry for someone who dwells in his/her sorrows. Hell no man, I don't recall my mother telling me I had a twin.

Think about it, sleep on it, do whatever you wish about it BUT remember:
GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES!!
ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN ONE DAY!
LIFE IS A CHALLENGE - MEET IT!

:side:

I KNOW I'VE JUST MADE YOUR DAY!!! COME ON ADMIT IT!!!!
:P :)