Topic-icon Do you agree with this statement...

More
12 years 10 months ago #192808 by tusme
Hi YCM,

YoungColouredMale wrote:

Tusme, sorry for only answering these questions I completely missed them. This comment above.. especially the latter part of it, I will address. Central to the 3 major religions of the world is the call to "evangelise" or "make converts"... You are right in saying it must not be imposed on people, but that does not change the fact that all three these religions call for it. Thus any adherent to these faiths, will automatically be driven to do so, since these faiths encourage it and because a "reward" is attached to it, not in this life but the next.

No problem...!! ;) I'm assuming, by the "3 major religions of the world", you're actually referring to Judaism, Christianity and Islam...? If so, then, why is it, especially they, are the main protagonists where religion & GOD is concerned...do you not sense some kind of conspiracy going on...!? :lol:

I mean, how, without outside influence, would a Physical being actually know it is Jewish, Christian or Muslim...!?

You see YCM, what I cannot get my head round is this, if it were GOD's intention that all of mankind be either, Jewish, Christian or Muslim, then surely, GOD would have provided the necessary means to ensure that was the case, don't you think...!?

In short, Tusme, by subjecting us to the truth that has been revealed to your spirit, hoping to enlighted us, are you not guilty of the very act which you are against? Interesting brother...

Well firstly, the Truth as revealed through my Spirit does not belong to me...I'm merely a vessel for such Truth expression...

Also, the Spirit being has it's own perfect purpose and timing for it to open itself up to the Physical being...

Thing to remember is, GOD/Spirit Truth cannot be tricked, it know's the past, present & future infinitely and perfectly...thus, it also know's exactly when a Physical being is truly ready for it's "awakening" to the Spirit being...in other words, GOD Truth...

Indeed, you are quite right, I am against it...however in my case, I'm not propagating from any institution, philosophy or doctrine...simply Truth...GOD's Truth.

Also, as I'm merely a vessel, my purpose is to allow for (GOD's) Spirit Truth to express itself through my Physical being...thus, you will have noticed, I can only express Truth, never impose it...otherwise, it ceases to be Truth...simple as.

This is a difficult question Tusme, but I will attempt. We walk around with this view that God owes us a perfect world. We have a divine right to happiness, fulfillment, and prosperity. If we don't get them, God has not fulfilled His end of the bargain. We deserve the best? We deserve heaven on earth, and its sort of like God cheats us when we don't have this.

My view is that God aids us as we maneuver through the contingencies of a fallen world. When He helps us as we navigate through life we thank Him for His grace. We consider anything God might do on our behalf an added benefit to us--a gracious, unmerited favor. This is why, in humility, we give thanks for whatever joys we are given in this fallen world. The fact is everyone has been given this grace, to help them to find God. I am going to quote the bible because I am biased like that, its the only way I know how to answer your question. Forgive me, note that this still does not make this thread religious, its just your question prompts me to answer you in such a manner.

The bible says: "He has also set eternity in the hearts of men" (Eccl.311), which will explain our constant need to worship something, because in our hearts we know there's a God, and another life beyond the physical we find ourselves in.

Further to that Romans 1 says: "because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened" which means, God is knowable through what we see and experience around us, so there is no excuse that will stand before God, God can be known by what we see and experience around us. Creation is evidence of God's existence.

God will make sure the gospel is heard throughout the world. And if a pygmy in the deepest darkest heart of Africa seeks to know God, not the one created by his own hands, but the one who wrote the moral codes in his heart, then God will make sure such a man hears the gospel. Because it is His will that no one perish. Acts 10 is a case in point of such a man, who didn't know Jesus but who lived a holy life.. God made sure he hears the gospel. And I can only believe that God.

Lastly, Christians look to a historical cross, pre-Calvary saints to a future cross.. bottow line.. we are saved by faith through grace. Belief in God.

Sorry to have quoted the bible, because I will still argue that this thread is not religious, I just had to answer you in that manner as your question related to my faith in God and Christ.

Don't worry about it YCM, I have no problem you offering me Biblical scripture/references...as long as you're happy to accept those Biblical scriptures may, equally, be used to question it's relation with Truth...if you know what I mean...?

Thats quite an interesting response, quite alot also for me to take-in and an analyse...unfortunately, I don't have the time right now, however, I promise to do so, some time later today or by this evening, definitely...if thats OK with you f-course...!? ;)

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #192855 by tessie
LSOB wrote:

Tolerance is not how we treat ideas we think false.. but how how we treat PEOPLE even though we think their ideas are false..

Bravo...I think this statement says what I think to be true so well...and if it is true, then YCM's contention that we all are intolerant is not unequivocally true...I dont think we all neccesarily treat people who we disagree with badly.

More
12 years 10 months ago #192867 by Pitt
From what I gather on YCM's posts is that the man tries to fool a whole lot of us by being the humble person he should have been since he joined BO. Now Gnarls is not being perpetrated as the villian here but he fits the part perfectly since he started to come on this thread. Thing is he did not come to participate but he came with last week's fury which he could not rid on either of his woman or the arguments he was involved with.

YCM keep it up and ppl might change their action towards your posts and yourself as a person which all will come to respect as is the case between you and Tusme. The same can't be said of Gnarls since he only treid to how his naels on every post of his on the thread.

Lastly I would agree with LSOB and Tessie on their take on this matter.

More
12 years 10 months ago #192877 by Gnarls
^With all due respect, I think you're wrong. The fury only came when someone called me a pratt! Seems you forget that.

Gnarls wrote :

But like I've illustrated, we're all intolerant to a point. My issue with tusme is that he keeps passing snide remarks and when pushed on the issue, he pulls this 'i refuse to debate you' shit.

More
12 years 10 months ago #192911 by tusme
Gnarls wrote:

^With all due respect, I think you're wrong. The fury only came when someone called me a pratt! Seems you forget that.

Gnarls wrote :

But like I've illustrated, we're all intolerant to a point. My issue with tusme is that he keeps passing snide remarks and when pushed on the issue, he pulls this 'i refuse to debate you' shit.

Hey Gnarls,

I promised to let this issue be...hmm, this time it seems, you've dragged even yourself "over the cliff"...

There is a very good reason for that "fury", my friend...I'll explain.

For this example, and for the purposes of understanding what I'm about to say, will refer to those involved as person 1, person 2 and so forth...ok!?

Anyway...

When "person 1" is determinedly refusing to just be their natural-selve's, and in the event of them encountering person 2, who does and understands Truth, then being dismissive and disrespectful towards person 2 also become a "(un)natural" expression...and here's why...

On their own or with like-minded people, person 1 is quite in their element, thus, fury is hardly ever an issue...however, the reason there is fury in the case of encountering person 2, is because, person's 2 expression of Truth actually causes person 1's persona to be reflected back to person 1, hence, the fury...

Now Gnarls, it is with regret that I stated those words yesterday, re, your "imprisoned mind"...however, you've now proved that it is...I'll explain...

Above, you stated that your "fury" stemmed from the fact that I called you a "pratt", right...!?

Well, the reason I called you "abit of a pratt", is because you cheekily used our moderatorship to offer an example or illustration...to YCM, I think it was...

Anyway, thats beside the point...that you, have actually called yourself "Mr Patt"...didn't you!?

Well then, if I were to use your logic, re, me calling you "abit of a pratt" and you calling yourself "Mr Pratt", then, to me anyway, you have actually caused yourself more fury than I did...not so...!?

Thus, my theory is true...rather than me, your fury was brought on by your own reflection...!!

But anyway...I'd just like to apologise for calling you "abit of a pratt"...I can assure you, it was'nt personal at all... ;)

Cheers

More
12 years 9 months ago #193189 by Honey_22
This is the same as saying eveyone is entitled to their own opinion when we all know everyone is entitled to my opinion :)

More
12 years 9 months ago #193190 by tusme
Honey_22 wrote:

This is the same as saying eveyone is entitled to their own opinion when we all know everyone is entitled to my opinion :)

Eh!? ...care to explain? :S

More
1 year 7 months ago #204346 by rtiiosl
Hi guys! What is your attitude to sports betting? I have been developing my betting strategies for a few years before I started to get some decent profits. If you are new in this field, you may start with canadian bookmakers. They are usually represented with reliable sites online-bookmakers.com/en/best-canadian-betting-sites/ and good customer policy. They are worth attention.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #204456 by Black_Hawk
If your current writing service has suddenly increased their charges and it is way out of your budget, we can tell you about a cheap essay writing service you just might be interested in. AffordablePapers.com also ensure high-class work.

More
5 months 2 days ago #204501 by Black_Hawk
Guys, read the advancedwriters.com reviews . There you will find affordable essay writing service in any language for educational institutions in various countries. Before I ordered the writing of my essay by the author, I read a lot of reviews. Value your time and invest it in what you like best.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #204505 by newtheblog4
became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
www.newtheblog.com

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #204523 by Black_Hawk
For anyone looking for a reliable essay writing service, I recommend checking out affordablepapers reviews This is a review of a service that employs professional writers. They have handled papers of any complexity. Hundreds of satisfied customers can attest to this.