Topic-icon Is there still a need for a site like Bruinou.com

More
7 years 6 months ago #200022 by Markie4u
With Social media like Facebook, Twitter available will BO survive. Is their still a need for such a medium that focus solely on coloured People. Look at sites like Kullid, Bushies4Life, duidelik,Bufu. How long where the around. Max 1 year and then the traffic to the site dies down. With a forum one has to constantly revamp the content of the site to keep the users interested and coming back for more.

Is the current format still needed in this time of change after 12 years. I am not criticising the intent of the founder but rather looking at the trend of BO and other sites that followed and based on the evidence I can safely say we need to change the approach some how to get the youth attracted to this site and to keep them here. That in turn will guarantee growth of membership by word of mouth as well as marketing in a way that attracts youth.

Having said that I think we should include them in the design and implementation of the changes we need to do in order to meet the overall objective of this site.

Ek se maar net, because I love BO and would like to see it grow with the times as well as reaching out to new members that can Learn like many of us did.

Wat dink julle mense.

DDS
The following user(s) said Thank You: $Force

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #200028 by StillYCM
Ek dink as die laaities kom dan gan die BO wat ons ken en voor lief is nie were dieselde BO is.. Coz face it.. BO in it's current version is nie vir laaities nie. Laaities het nie tyd vir onse supposed diep topics nie.. So.. One must give... My thoughts.

Miskien most ou Crit 'n BO vir die bana's maak? 'n BO light..ie!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostbyte

More
7 years 6 months ago #200029 by clau18
Well I sure as hell hope it doesn’t get to be like face book where stupid status updates gets posted, and young kids with alcohol and weed/cigarettes.

Face book and Twitter doesn’t give us the platform to openly discuss topics like Bruinou does or did.
I remember when face book started it was interesting but since then has just become too boring.
I also hoped that Kullid could give us the platform that Bruinou did but it didn’t I didn’t like it much, I was hoping it was something closer to Bruinou.

I think with time Bruinou will find its way back again, I can just hope that topics stay fun ,serious and informing.

And I must say the mobile version was actually very nice on my phone, Its just a matter of getting people back on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostbyte

More
7 years 6 months ago #200030 by Markie4u
lol BO light sound nca wuh YCM,

Maar dan moet ons meer mense kry wat ons se diep topics verstaan en like.

Gaan jou nie G nie wuh, ek het baie geleer van BO af en daai is n fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StillYCM

More
7 years 6 months ago #200051 by dronkie
I know I definitely enjoy BO. Even 20 years from now, I will still make sure that I log on everyday to see what is happening. Work was boring without BO and now I actually look forward to come to work. :woohoo:

More
7 years 6 months ago #200053 by Girl4Pmb
There will always be the need for Bruinou.com. It's rather difficult to engage in discussions on facebook and twitter, like we do here. Plus we all go way back...there is something wonderful and fascinating about how this website,was and is the facilitator of friendships, romances and marriages :woohoo:

More
7 years 6 months ago #200058 by clau18

dronkie wrote: I know I definitely enjoy BO. Even 20 years from now, I will still make sure that I log on everyday to see what is happening. Work was boring without BO and now I actually look forward to come to work. :woohoo:

ja nee ek se daai ding nou gaan die larnie se bandwith wee spike lol

More
7 years 6 months ago #200082 by CritiKill
Thanks for this discussion guys, believe me...this question has weighed heavily only mind since Facebook's rise to prominence.

I'm glad you all feel that there is a space for Bruinou.com...cos I certainly do. I'm actually quite concerned about the lack of diversity in the online space...it seems to have become a winner-take-all affair where we have one search engine (Google), one social network (Facebook), one microblogging system (Twitter), etc...the lack of diversity is incredibly unhealthy and really stifles innovation in the long-run.

We have some interesting new ideas which we hope to deploy soon after the reunion party (think of it as a big fundraiser to buy more hardware and software for us to really up our game here). We certainly have no shortage of good ideas and ways in which we can create some real value for people in our communities and beyond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: $Force, StillYCM

More
7 years 6 months ago #200170 by FuzzyLogic10101
Einstein's insanity quote might offer some guidance.

More
7 years 6 months ago #200174 by Gerrry
Fuzzy, how are you different from StillYCM?

More
7 years 6 months ago #200217 by JXK
Its the BO discussions that makes our world go round Markie and it feels very nice knowing my own kind is sitting somewhere behind a desk, knowing what being coloured is about....

Would great to get the Youth interested but please Crit lets not get a mini facebook or twitter up here, we want it old school...
The following user(s) said Thank You: $Force, Frostbyte