Topic-icon Government Hitmen

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #201688 by The South African
In 1981, Dirk Coetzee, Jan Viktor and Jan Buchner began Vlakplaas, a parliamentary hit squad, with 16 police officers, by 1990 there were about 120 recruits. All who were basically the NP regime’s assassins. Whomever the parliamentary committee that oversaw them, decided needed to stop living, they ensured that the person stopped living.

Dirk, now late, had noted in countless interviews how they used to braai and have brandy’s and cokes while nearby, they would burn their victims corpses. These were truly ruthless and heartless men, who felt nothing to kill whoever they were told to, irrespective of sex, age or colour. They also worked closely with the Bureau of State Security(BOSS), The Civil Co-operation Bureau(CCB) and the Security police. Dirk was granted amnesty by the Truth and Reconciliation committee (TRC) on August 4th, 1997 after confessing to their decade long killing spree.

I am saddened to hear that Professor Jonathan Jansen, at the Young Farmers conference in Bloemfontein in 2012, told the attendees Eugene de Kock should have been given parole a long time ago. De Kock is the man who took charge of Vlakplaas when Coetzee was demoted by his NP handlers. De Kock, who is also known as Prime-evil , was, if possible, an even more ruthless and effective master assassin than Coetzee. Ironically, part of the jail sentence he is currently serving is for twice attempting to murder Coetzee.

Jansen reportedly compared De Kock with freedom fighters Steve Biko and Bram Fischer, and also said that De Kock was one of the most honest people he knew. If Jansen really said these things, and he is not being misquoted, then he is an unmitigated idiot and a witless fool, I don’t care how many degrees or doctorates he may have. To make such a comparison, is beyond farcical and I don’t care how honest De Kock is, he is responsible for countless murders that we know of, and that we do not know of, try and tell his victim’s families about his honesty, as they are the main ones who object whenever he has a parole hearing.

I am really disappointed in Jansen, nobody is more underserving of parole than this cold and calculated killer, who has shown very little remorse for his actions.

I am the man you do not want to see or why settle for a burger when you have steak at home.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by The South African.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #201725 by silver_foxx
That would suck. Simply because Prof Jansen knows him personally and thinks he's a great guy does not make everything alright. Lately I've found Prof Jansen to be getting quite full of himself. He seems to like basking in his own supposed righteousness. But I could be wrong about him. If he did in fact say these things, knowing full well what the man did, it cannot simply be excused as shooting from the hip, but actually sympathising and to an extent supporting the apartheid regime's method(s) of disposing of it's opponents.

More
7 years 5 months ago #201733 by CritiKill
just when I was starting to warm to the prof, he goes and says some idiotic crap like this.

More
6 years 7 months ago #202823 by The South African
Eugene de Kock, head of a covert police unit that tortured and killed anti-apartheid activists has applied for parole. He was arrested in 1994, confessed to crimes and was sentenced in 1996 to two life terms plus another 212 years. After 20 years in jail, he says he is the only member of the former police force serving time for crimes committed on behalf of the old regime and maintains he acted on instructions from leaders who were never punished.

“Not one of the previous generals, or ministers who were in cabinet up to 1990, has been prosecuted at all,” he said in an affidavit signed in January as part of his parole application. His case revives debate about the TRC, which recommended amnesty for these generals and ministers. Some South Africans, including the family of slain activist Steve Biko, believe that more apartheid-era enforcers should have been punished. A group that represents 85 000 victims of apartheid says a state plan for reparations is inadequate and far behind schedule.

I am the man you do not want to see or why settle for a burger when you have steak at home.