Topic-icon Noeleen on 3 talk

More
13 years 11 months ago #26872 by Gissel
So who watched and what did you think?

A lot of what that guy from Eldo's said I agreed with but I thought he should have left that part out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26877 by PeeWee05
I thought it was interesting - a lot of denial going on and not actually dealing with the issues that the general ppl are feeling.

But which is better to deny and hope it goes away and gets better or to face it head on and possibly make it worse?

More
13 years 11 months ago #26884 by Fukidol
You check ....Gissel ,your shares on the Fukidol Stock exchange have just sky rocketed ... Nice topic my broe .

In a nutshell for me ..... Someone wrote a book and Bruinou's got 45mins minus the ad breaks of prime time tv ..... not alot......but its a start .
Judging by the amount of e-mails that were sent out by fellow Bruinou's to watch the show last night makes the point clear.... we need our share of the media ....IN ALL FORMS THOUGH.

I must say .... all comments made can be related to . I take my hat off to Bevan for saying that those on the panel might have made their mark and reached their goals ,but it is not something that is experienced by all Bruinou's .

My biggest question is .... where to from here?

Will government take note of this and address it ,will our community leaders drive this one all the way or will opposition parties do this in order to strengthen their vote .

Will this be done on Noeleen show again as follow up to this topic or will we only be called up when she does a book review on
\"Dom Jan\"

Lots of questions ....... not to sure about the answers though .

P.S. Is 3talks Noeleen a Bruinou ?

More
13 years 11 months ago #26885 by DHimself
I'm inclined to agree with that Kino dude... This is a fruitless debate, there's nothing that'll be said here that hasn't been said before. Some peeps might even end up more confused than others....

We know that there's not defined \"template\" for a coloured, let me rephrase, mixed race, person. There are just too many \"combinations\"... I'm satisfied with the fact that I'm a descendant of the first peoples of this country, of this continent for that matter. And before I'm a \"bushman\" I'm South African.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

More
13 years 11 months ago #26887 by Gissel
Noieleen is either Xhosa or Zulu but I think Xhosa. She was treated like crap by fellow black peeps school level cause she is so light.

I felt too that it was way to short and they hardly touched some of the issues but hey at least they have a platform.

Can I get that book from CNA or Exclusive hey?

I was sitting watching it with my black friend and she was amazed at how diverse we are, I guess I don't talk a lot about being coloured.

I am only now really starting to talk about my colour and speak about coloured issues.

I have been too quiet over the years

More
13 years 11 months ago #26888 by Gissel
The girl on the panel was black coloured mixed but considered herself coloured. Very cool by me. But I really don't care what mix of coloured you are some of the issues are universal for all coloureds

More
13 years 11 months ago #26890 by splackavellie
hi all

firstly, what a dissapointment!

the host, Noleen Xwa-Xwa-Xwa is such a terrible host and did not do this talk show - which i do not watch - justice.

She was not prepared (POINT 1), she failed to address the issue(s)(POINT 2) at hand and did not ask questions that actually tested the guests \"expertise\" on Coloreds (POINT 3).

Point 1 - She failed to quote anything -except for the title - from that book she held so tight in her hand. if she is a journalist, what an insult to my profession, and talk show host??? Tyra Banks, all beauty no brains, does a better job, but maybe cause some actually writes the Q's for her.

POINT 2 - what are the issues? that book is/was not the issue. what was the point of having this show in the first place. NO research was done, this was evident in her referring to that book every time she posed a question.
No Noleen, please, get a diploma. Cape Tech offers a really good course in journalism.

POINT 3 - So there are not Colored leaders with serious credentials, but surely there are more informed people than that girl and that guy from Eldos. My gawd, how dissapointing it is to be a bushy rite now, or at least, after having to hear the kuk they spoke.

I don't buy in to that mentality of division amongst the clan. We got bigger problems than name-calling and belong more to whichever side of the lighter/darker spectrum of the community you fall in.

anyway, that's the last i watch SABC 3's 3 talk, it's the last i want to see of Neeleen, but it's not the last i'll hear of not black enuff, not white enuff.

I've been singled out for being Muslim, for not having money, for not having straight hair and from my own bushy people, but you know what, i deal with it in my own specail way, i fukk em.

so fukk it, why continue this debate of not black enuff, not white enuff?? You will be singled out for not being friends with the right people, not having a good education, not being nice, not being rich, not having a perfect family, not living in the 'rite' area, not being fashionable and many other things and this, my HOTNOTS, applies to all races!

and if you think NOleen is hot then she must be one too ;-)

More
13 years 11 months ago #26891 by Fukidol
Gissel wrote:

The girl on the panel was black coloured mixed but considered herself coloured. Very cool by me. But I really don't care what mix of coloured you are some of the issues are universal for all coloureds

\"black coloured mixed\" haha come on now Gissel , coloured is more like it .

More
13 years 11 months ago #26892 by DivX_Freek
To cut a long story short. This is just a crack in a mountain, and its now up to us to stick that chisel in and keep hitting, otherwise its gonna jus dissipate into nothingness. I dont agree with all that was said and i think we were made to look like a bunch of idiots by certain comments made on the show. Also, I think Bevan was not given enough time to elaborate on the briu-ou\"ness\". All in all.. time will tell whether that was a complete waste of time or drop that will turn into a trickle which will bring on a full flowing river for the recognition of the colored person. Personally.. on this.. in this country.. i'm the eternal pessimist.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26893 by Gissel
Well people were talking about indian coloured black coloureds what not he he he I am just saying what they were saying

More
13 years 11 months ago #26894 by Fukidol
Good point ther Splack...that girl and the eldo's guy were no fly zones ....but thats something that I raised in a topic here on the forum back in my prime days...when it comes to media they seem to source Bruinou's that don't look and aren't so sharp ....why not get gereldine Frasier-moleketi ,Trevor Manual ,Randal Abrahams or other well spoken confident Bruinou's .

As for that book review .....it was a miss , no passages read from the book nothing .....just the title on the cover ....whats up with that .

More
13 years 11 months ago #26896 by Gissel
Ja what was up with those two. No offence but they couldn't really express themselves that nicely in English. That was the first thing I noticed too.

It was just too little time and Noeleen really didn't think this through nicely. She didn't ask the right questions and she ALWAYS interupts people for some AD break. I hate watching her show but I made an exception yesterday.

Why have the book their when she had no questions pertaining to it. And what makes the Eldo's guy and other girl experts or why were they chosen.

I think I must send an e-mail to SABC3

More
13 years 11 months ago #26897 by DivX_Freek
I think that her show was jus a ratings scam. All her show PROVED by those idiots commenting on the show, is that THERE IS DIVISION AMONGST THE COLORED COMMUNITY. Now.. if it was re-iterated .. on live TV.. to the country.. that we have division in the colored community.. how can we now preach that we are united in the fight for colored recognition.. when people are talking absolute SHIT about who got straight hair and who's grandma says what. What a load of bullshit.. and what a waste of time. The only highlight was at least Bevan's insightfulness in bringing our awareness to the fore. I agree also on how the FUCK were people chosen to be on the show. What credentials did they have? Why did they not have a prominent colored member of the community on the show. I can go on and on but i swear I'd jus get more depressed.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26898 by Gissel
There are some divison amongst the clan and it is differenet in various area. I come from Upington in the Northern Cape and I am looked down on by many coloureds because of that. I am called afspringer, people think I am stupid don't know jack and so on. Also I have been discriminated on because I am not light enough and my hair not that straight (glydis nights) anyhow so I don't agree with you aying that. Yes their are more important things to worry about but it is a reality too.

I just don't think talking about that was necessary. Their were and is more pressing issues

More
13 years 11 months ago #26899 by Deeva
Hi All
I think that your nationality depends on what ever the father is ,and that girl on 3 Talk's father was a black man, how does that make her coloured,but never the less ,the more the merrier.
That man from Eldo's spoke to much about what is best for his children,to me its as if his married to a white woman and he does not want his children to know the truth and accept that they are bruin ous,I think Bevan handled him self very well ,esspecially when he mensioned that The white people had their time ,the black people are still in control,so when will the coloureds have their time.
I enjoyed the show ,but it was over so quickly.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26901 by BWS
Firstly, thanx to Bevan for being the only one that said something relevant to the topic. Everyone else just...sheeeyoooo. I don't even want to start to speak about what I experienced during that show. I can only wish that I was there. Yes, we did only get 45 mins of tv time, to that I say lets not give up... if we do nothing there will be nothing. Let me rather leave it at that. Very good topic. I wish u all a beautiful day.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26902 by BWS
Firstly, thanx to Bevan for being the only one that said something relevant to the topic. Everyone else just...sheeeyoooo. I don't even want to start to speak about what I experienced during that show. I can only wish that I was there. Yes, we did only get 45 mins of tv time, to that I say lets not give up... if we do nothing there will be nothing. Let me rather leave it at that. Very good topic. I wish u all a beautiful day.

More
13 years 11 months ago #26904 by DirtyRadz
What I' gonna tell your'll is gonna shock all the bruni-ous..

I worked with a bruin tannie that went to school with Noeleen and she is most definately a Bruinou... however Noeleen didnt want to be associated with Bruinous and even denied being a Bruinou because she saw all Bruinous as being drunkards and going nowhere... Noeleen disowned her own race and I was shocked to see Bruinou.com on a show where the host denies being a Bruinou... I have never watched the show since I found out about this from my collegue...

Anyone can verify this information by checking Noeleens maiden name...

I think all Bruinous should boycott 3 talk!!

More
13 years 11 months ago #26905 by $Force
I've said it a hundred times before and I shall say it again. Aloud!
EVERY TIME TWO PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RACES PROCREATE IN THIS COUNTRY, ONE OF US, ONE OF OURS, IS BORN! A FIRST GENERATION COLOURED?
That kid will at one point or other in his or her life be told he's a Coloured, be \"treated\" like a Coloured, and at one point or another hopefully in fact find out he IS A COLOURED! Whether they or any of us like it or not.
WE HAVE TO SORT THIS OUT FOR OUR LAAITIES!

Great!? Bruinous had a little media exposure on Nolenes show. That George ou made sense. Bevan really should have been given a little more time, and that Keano Kammies has moved to a different planet where he is oblivious as to what the majority of Coloureds go thru on a daily basis.
He truly believes he can shelter his kids from experiencing what they are!?

All of this will only be an exercise in futility if you ou's go back to sticking your heads in the sand tomorrow.
I am disgusted at the fact that here we have this platform, Bruinou.com, and it's under-utilised by its members. Someone posts an article on socio-political issues directly concerning Coloured communities and there are three responses. This happens everytime Lester or Charles posts an article. We have three or four responses.:sick:

IF MORE OF US DON'T TALK ABOUT OUR ISSUES HERE ON THIS SITE, HOW CAN WE EXPECT TO ENGAGE THE REST OF SOUTH AFRICA?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

More
13 years 11 months ago #26908 by BWS