Topic-icon Merry something

More
16 years 9 months ago #4330 by Jark
after following the christmass debate over in the usa. and as a professing and practising christrian it makes me naar to think that christmass will soon be turned into a neutral holiday season. but on the other hand i'm glad that the holiday season will be returned to it's pagan origins and will be given completely over to materialism and mans lust to fill his life with things. to all people who are fighting to keep christmass a christian celebration i say to you, its has'nt been christmass for a long time now. and it's time to distance ourselves from the traditions of men and start practising our faith in spirit and truth. cause the end truly is near.

mark " the dooms day prophet" jacobs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #4333 by Claudelle
jark i agree with you that christmas hasnt been christmas for a long time, especially here in the usa.
being around the americans has made me realize how commercialized christmas has become and it makes me sick to my stomach that people have forgotten that christmas is Christ's birthday and nothing else.
i disagree that we should give up on christmas, because as a practising christian i find it hard to forget my Lord's birthday. no matter how much others may abuse the christmas season i will NEVER forget about christmas.
christmas is very personal to me and it should be for everyone who calls themselves christians. its our Lord and Saviour's birthday. its too special.
it fills me with dissapointment when i see how santa clause is the focus around the christmas season. its disgusting the way parents of today emphasize making a list for santa, putting up the tree and the ornaments, and all the shopping, yet very few of them actually tell their kids that christmas is ALL is about JESUS. sickens me sooooo much!
as someone who loves kids and works with them daily, i have to say that these children are being robbed of one of the most important celebrations a christian should experience.
i honestly dont believe that we should receive gifts for christmas, all that money we spend on gifts that people dont really need, we should give to God's Kingdom. thats my opinion!
otherwise i hope everyone has a merry christmas, and please please please, dont forget about our Lord on this special day!
:cheer:

More
16 years 9 months ago #4335 by sheree
I agree with you 100%, Claudelle.I have just returned from a weekend away of watching people overeating,drinking and ungrateful whines from children who were disappointed at getting the "wrong" toy for Christmas.Many people,like us, were just forced to band together for Christmas lunch because thats what some extended families do-although I,particularly, wanted to just stay in my home and spend time with my husband and kids.Im not the type to shop,shop and shop during this time-I'd rather celebrate by thinking of our saviour on HIS special day and treating the day as normal with a FEW extravagances.The wasting of money is lost on me as I see so much else that it could be sensibly used on.MANY people back home in SA have splurged using plastic money on exciting food,clothes and gifts for friends and family.Now what in the new year,people?DEBT,DEBT and more DEBT for the next 12 months or more- repaying the banks( credit cards) and loansharks! Things are bad enough at home (SA) with the cost of living being so steep as it is, so it was a complete surprise for me when I read on the news that shopping malls were bursting at the seams with shoppers galore! Perhaps people need the therapy that shopping gives -now the hole is dug even deeper with finance issues.People do need to go back to basics-I'ts the day of the Lord's birth which should be celebrated simplistically (my opinion).
Nevertheless-hope your Christmas was peaceful and meaningful...and do take care during the New Year celebrations...<br><br>Post edited by: sheree, at: 2005/12/25 14:21

More
16 years 9 months ago #4344 by Lees
It's no different up here in the UK.Londoner's were very busy SHOPPING to the max.They have so much money and feel the need to just spend on things they dont really need.I wish I could just take some of it to our needy back home which would make a difference to those many who have no proper meals before going to bed.Being on holiday in another part of the world makes you see things and you cant help comparing many things.This really is a first world country with all the trappings-I have visited wealthy English homes (complete with jacuzzi and a sports car in the garage).I have window shopped in Oxford Street and Richmond and observed many fortunate women buying whatever they clapped their eyes on.As for their children-they bend over backwards to give them what they want at Xmas or any time of the year -all their needs are fully met.
Back to the main focus-fortunately the church I attended for midnight mass was FULL.The ceremony is no different to home but the congregation is not as united as our good old St. Annes.Everyone just rushed off without barely speaking to each other (must be the cold!)I am so glad that my family and I celebrated the birth of the Lord and did not focus solely on materialism and over eating,drinking and what not...

More
16 years 9 months ago #4349 by Claudelle
now that christmas is over, i have to tell you guys what i saw.
most of you know i am an aupair in the usa, and i take care of a five year old boy!
he spend christmas eve and christmas day with his dad (his parents are divorsed), then he came on christmas evening.
i couldnt believe the ungratefulness that revealled itself in that child. he had received christmas gifts at his father's home that morning and when he got home that evening he went through FOURTEEN gifts in ten minutes, ripped them open and threw them aside. not one once of gratitude.
i couldnt believe my eyes. i was highly disgusted to see a child of that age with a sence of entitlement, like someone is suppossed to buy him EVERYTHING he ever wanted.
i have to say that christmas has changed. remember when we were kids?....
the good ol days, right?
:whistle:

More
16 years 9 months ago #4355 by Babyjuice
WELL KIDS OF TODAY DO NOT ACCEPT THAT SMALLER THINGS INLIVE MAKES U MUCH HAPPIER AND THAT'S THE SAD PART OF ALL.....

THIS CHRISTMAS NO ONE BOUGHT ANY GIFTS AS MY FATHER AND MOST OF THE FAM IS OUT IN THE CAPE......

THE KIDS AT HOME WAS NOT ANGRY BUT INDEED DID THEY ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS LUNCH NOT EVEN THE SWEETS WAS AS GREAT AS THE FOOD AND THAT WAS SUPRISING REALLY SUPRISING TO ME....

I JUST GLAD THAT SOME KIDS DO APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THAT THEY HAVE AND DO NOT WANT MORE THEN WHAT THEY REALLY GET OR WHAT THEY PARENTS CAN AFFORD.........

I JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS CAN BE RE-LIVED ONE DAY AS THAT WILL BRING JOY TO MANY HEARTS......