Topic-icon Thats Right Bag My Groceries

More
16 years 6 months ago #7275 by Spell Jammer
I was in a grocery store in Margate over the december holidays when I noticed a familiar face behind the cashier. I could barely recognize the lumbering ape from behind his apron, but sure enough he was one of the dumbass jocks I went to highschool with. I see all that Rugby he played really paid off. Mr. Bigshot jock-boy is bagging MY groceries. All that time spent running laps... who'd have thought that it doesn't mean shit in the real world? This was the same guy drafted into the Rugby firt team at the age of 16, abused anabolic steroids (he's probably impotent from all the shit he's taken in his youth) and who made it his mission to cruelly initiate guys whom he deemed easy pickings on a daily basis. I guess his prospective employers weren't as impressed with his ability to make a conversion kick from the conversion area as much as his ex-girlfriend. Who's king now, chump?

More and more, I'm running into dumbass jocks I went to highschool with bagging my groceries, cleaning my dirty dishes and renting out my videos. They're the ones stuck doing shit work after being out of highschool for 4 years. Oh sure, they acted all high and mighty with their rented limos and cheap perfume, taking their dates out to school dances and bragging about the sub-par action they had the following day, but now it's a different story. They're no longer rewarded for screwing off in class because they're on the school rugby team. They're no longer let out early to go run laps and practice their eye co-ordination skills. They're no longer favored by coach fill-in-the-blank that's teaching maths instead of a real teacher. Nobody gives a shit anymore jock-boy, now BAG MY GROCERIES.

Every year in highschool, I had to pay somewhere on the order of R650 for registration, not counting R60 for the parking decal that didn't guarantee me a parking spot. Most of this fee went towards a general "activity" fee that covered sporting events (oooh, highschool rugby is no longer a pastime, but it's an 'event'), assemblies (with production values well below an average B movie) and school dances. Every student, regardless of his or her participation in these "events," was required to pay this activity fee. I wouldn't even bitch so much if our highschool rugby team didn't suck as bad as they did. I remember one year when they were brainwashing us with school-spirit propaganda, they showed us a video highlighting the football scores throughout the year. In one of the many games they were slaughtered in, the score was 37-0. We didn't even score a single damn point. What pisses me off most is that the majority of our "activity fee" went towards buying these dipshits new rugby uniforms. Here's a hint: I don't think it's the uniforms, you morons!

When given the choice of academics or athletics, they chose athletics. They have nobody to blame but themselves. It's never too late for these guys to pick up the pieces and get going, but they won't. They just don't have the ambition.

It pisses me off that in highschool, while the jocks were being excused early to go practice rugby, they wouldn't excuse me to go program or work on animation or something else that someone in the real world might give a shit about. We were forced to use 8086 monochrome IBM pieces of shit running DOS 5.0 using a Pascal compiler. If they would have even used a fraction of the budget they allotted for rugby on new computers, not even nice computers (hell, I'd have been content with a 386), maybe our school could have had a programming department that wasn't pure shit. Then again, the typing/writing/algebra/english teacher that they had filling in every other class couldn't tell her assemblers from Adam!

Physical education is the biggest crock of shit in the universe. It doesn't do any good to anyone. How much money is blown in maintaining expensive gym equipment every year? Showers, locker rooms, bathrooms, squash courts, rugby stadiums, cricket helmets.. all for what? Where's the payoff? Little Tommy's parents coming to the rugby game to cheer him on? Please. Even if one out of every 100 dumbasses who hoped to become professional made it big, it still doesn't justify the cost of all this equipment. I don't care about rugby, cricket or hockey. You want to play, play on your own time. Let the others that come to school to learn get something done so they can make something of themselves. Why not devote a class to playing video games? What the hell good does it do? No more or less than sports.<br><br>Post edited by: JayK, at: 2006/01/30 05:47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7281 by Imraan
I get your point, but jussis that was a long way to make it. Did you not get taught about precis writing in school:)

More
16 years 6 months ago #7283 by Alchemy
Whats precise about the subject Imraan?:blink: I can see through the CONCLUSION why its so descriptive. The man makes MANY valid points, it's not a topic which can be tackled in a precise manner. I hear you Jay, alot of fact youve mentioned there.<br><br>Post edited by: Alchemy, at: 2006/01/30 05:57

More
16 years 6 months ago #7287 by Imraan
precis

Main Entry: pré·cis
Pronunciation: prA-'sE, 'prA-(")sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pré·cis /-'sEz, -(")sEz/
Etymology: French, from précis precise
: a concise summary of essential points, statements, or facts

No disrespect intended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: $Force

More
16 years 6 months ago #7300 by Spell Jammer
Hmmm, Imraan, would you like it if I submitted my posts in freehand to you? Since when does creativity need to be put into a "precis" context. The rule is simple here, if you bored read another topic.

Although to Kill A Mockingbird was a metaphorical prefix, one who didnt grasp this from the onset would have read the entire book wondering when someone was going to kill the the bloody bird. You cannot attach a shit term like "precis" to someones writing, Books wouldnt be books, they would be quick reference guides. Im in the process of writing a book, from your suggestion my book might as well comprise of 1 page.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7308 by Imraan
All good bra, I will buy your book. Do you have a name for it yet?

My point was on clarification to what Alchemy had said. He mistook precis for precise.

As for a shit term I would reserve comment for a more appropriate time. You submit as you want.
The blade runs deep....

More
16 years 6 months ago #7318 by Spell Jammer
Imraan, I dont have a title for it yet (publishers have found my previous suggestion a little to riske).

I think Alchemy understands the term but just made a typo, ive come to this conclusion based on his response.

can see through the CONCLUSION why its so descriptive

To me in this scenario the opposite of precise would be descriptive. My title alone was pretty longwinded. A title Im looking to at this stage is "a satirical viewpoint" but im scared the title would scare anyone younger than 32 away...

More
16 years 6 months ago #7348 by Imraan
All cool...
Whats the book about?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7351 by Golfchick
Be prepared for more "hate" mail dude from all the buff rugby players ..lmao

More
16 years 6 months ago #7356 by Alchemy
Golf Chic stop giving the rugby players Ideas.Imraan its kinda like the stuff I write here without any limitations to the offensive grids.:P

More
16 years 6 months ago #7358 by Imraan
The only way to say it.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7360 by Alchemy
It was a typo error, Jay is right look at my post.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7361 by Golfchick
just sayin.... u know what a controversal writer my man Jay is....
I quite enjoy his "hate" fan club letters, his comebacks are hilarious.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7364 by Alchemy
Tell me about it!! His best for me were on the why do ppl always get involved in your business forum and the Valentines day one. Did you see his reply to lulu, that was gut splitting!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7376 by foxxy
Haai me, I also get it, maar rerig, I had to go for a smoke break and a coffee break in-between because you know, all these injuries caused by the basketball caused some brain injuries, so I can't read so lekker.....

Maybe this specific oke lacked ambition. I know so many sports loving people, who were the captains of their cricket, running, soccer, rugby that have gone on to achieve many things. Maybe this oke really didn't aspire for greatness, maybe he did not have the opportunities. Maybe the oke at your local Mr Video is saving to further his education... You never know where ol Packer will be in 10 years, maybe paying out salaries...

They say never kick a dog when it's down, cos it will get back up and bite you in the ass :) I never quite got that part of human nature where they celebrate the demise of others...

Good post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: $Force

More
16 years 6 months ago #7379 by Spell Jammer
Foxxy we talking about people here whose parents most certainly have the means. These guys were idolised by students and teachers alike during school and were always given lean way. The purpose of my post was to illustrate the consequences of such behaviour. I did mention that only a very small percentage go professional and its a fact certain schools actually fail matriculants, and then go on to pay them salaries to play school rugby. What happens to the scholar a year after that?

I’m sorry but 4 years for a kid who has the means is a long time to be out in the world trying to figure shit out. We aint kicking a dog while its down. This dude has never wanted or lacked for anything. I’m not saying sportsman are inept, I’m saying that when it becomes an obsession condoned by teachers and parents alike, it could be detrimental to a kid. This is a healthy 23 year old capable of doing anything, how exactly is he in demise?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7380 by Likwidzoe
Imraan you seem to be gloating at the people who are on the other "end" of the stick, ummm the burning end.

One lesson in life os to neva neva eva GLOAT........NO matter the circumstances....haha foxxy sommer reminded me of a LESSON i learnt in boxing at a young age to never beat a fallen opponent wich is what in essence you are doing, laaging ur gut's out at those peoples misfortunes.

Its easy for the tables to turn and the same people to be nursing and changing ur adult diapers in hospital when you are terminally ill or sumtin bra ( dont get me wrong here , am not wishing u any misfortunes ekse, just an analagy) .......

Anyways bra well if it makes you feel BIGGER its all for da wrong reazonz Imraan bra.......Its good you raised such a matter , but the manner in wich you approached the topic iz kinda sickening ekse....nah really hond.

nuff sed.....

More
16 years 6 months ago #7381 by Spell Jammer
Likwid I wrote the post and you missing the point here. There is nothing wrong with the guy physically or mentally in this scenario. He lives in a 8 bedroom home with his parents on the hills of St Michaels On Sea. The point of the topic was to illustrate how free rides on the coat tails of others in your scholastic career helps NO ONE at the end of the day. You want pity, I pity guys with the burning ambition to do shit with their lives but are hampered while dudes like this screw thier talent away with all this superficial status BS.

I dont particularly know what the misfortune of a guy who made it his duty to screw students lifes up on a daily basis. We are all the masters of our own destinies china, dont go expecting sympathy from me for pissing your life away because of your reckless behaviour in school. What you think relating something like this makes me feel "bigger", NO it's an EYE opener for any people or parents who find themselves in a simmilair position.

Misfortune would be if this guy was detitute, the irony is he drove home in the Mini Cooper cabriolet that his dad bought him after packing bags at the store, are you starting to see the bigger picture here?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7383 by Likwidzoe
A cab his father bought for him , nogal's a mini cabio ......Yoh yoh. Ok i get it bra, now thats BLIND..........

More
6 years 7 months ago #203451 by The South African
Goldie for today

I am the man you do not want to see or why settle for a burger when you have steak at home.