Topic-icon Forum Rules... (please read)

More
14 years 7 months ago #75760 by Adamas
Eish that a lot of information cheezy & now i have to refrain from swearing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #77749 by CheeZy
I see some people still dont comply with the rule's and regulations of the Forum per say...

My question is...
Do the moderators follow each post or what???
I know I might be attacked yet again coz I'm ruffling a few feathers , jus wanna know...:)

I come in peace:P

More
14 years 6 months ago #78258 by Munky
We try to buddy.

but also in each post you will see a \"report to moderator\" link.

Its there for a reason and thats how we pick up easily which posts need attention.

Hope my 2c helps you a lil

Schweet
G'

More
14 years 2 months ago #110257 by BossOrig
Erm, after the squabbles of the past few days, methinks this thread should be revived, and possibly emailed to all users!

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #110262 by chipyks_van_poort
Isnt this rules only for the seriously speaking Forum? I could be wrong Im just axin....
If I am wrong I appologise Maar as ek reg is MOET DIE MENSE LEER OM TE POKKEN REG TE LEES ....

want die maak my nou NAR
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by chipyks_van_poort.

More
14 years 2 months ago #110273 by Rico0909
HAAI man jasas!!! Hoeveel keer moet die gepost word? Neh man Cheezy

More
14 years 2 months ago #110276 by BossOrig
I think they are relevant for the entire forum.

More
14 years 2 months ago #110279 by CheeZy
Rico0909 wrote:

Rico, as jy mooi kyk, het ek die 4 maande gelede gepost blaza...:dry:

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #110288 by icecream
proof that the rules dont evens get read, if we cannot even read the date and time the post was posted joh joh joh.
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by icecream. Reason: dont ask me pokken stupid questions

More
14 years 2 months ago #110324 by Gnarls
BossOrig wrote:

I think they are relevant for the entire forum.

Correct.

More
14 years 2 months ago #110331 by Rico0909
CheeZy wrote:

Rico0909 wrote:

Rico, as jy mooi kyk, het ek die 4 maande gelede gepost blaza...:dry:

Ek is wys homie... Ek suppose jy moet dit maar elke nou en dan post vir die nuwe mense neh....

More
14 years 2 months ago #110363 by saintJermaine
forum rules are like READ ME.TXT files or the licence agreement when u install software or the warninglables.....

NO ONE READS THEM....

More
13 years 8 months ago #153910 by smooth rob
NO BRA..U KNOW BUSHIES DON'T LIKE RULES AND REGULATIONS.......U WANNA START A FIGHTH OR SOMETHING.....

More
13 years 8 months ago #153913 by Lakor
icecream wrote:

proof that the rules dont evens get read, if we cannot even read the date and time the post was posted joh joh joh.

LOKL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #177517 by Girl4Pmb
Thread bump.

Please read through these rules, especially 3, 13 and 14. *giggle*

More
13 years 3 months ago #177519 by Gerrry
Racism is not allowed but ageism is? So long as ageism is encouraged by not being criticised and censured by moderators, I will not respect moderators who actively condone ageism.

Secondly, moderators can criticise users in public yet are too high and mighty to be criticised or discussed on the forums? Why? Is this akin to criticising Robert Gabriel Mugabe within Zimbabwe?

Why does this not work both ways? A moderator has a problem with a user's behaviour, then the moderator should, in the first instance, speak to the user via private message. Only if this first censure is ignored should the moderator take issue in the thread and state that a private warning has been ignored etc.

Please don't let your moderator status go to your head. Outside of BO you have no power over any of us. We had a life before coming here and we will have a life after leaving here. Don't wreck friendships with arrogant and officious behaviour towards users. It is counter-productive and engenders resentment, and in the end, hatred. Nobody wants this.

More
13 years 3 months ago #177526 by ern18
Gerrry, I'm aware you may not (or maybe you are?) be referring to me - it was mentioned in a thread a while ago that maybe the forum rules need revising.

there are TWO threads about moderators. one has been made a sticky under i'm chooning you.

please address concerns regarding the moderators there.

to everyone:
i have no idea how many times i've asked members of this site what it is you want from the moderators - and each and every time i am greeted with silence.

so, until the users actually voice their concerns, and give constructive suggestions, instead of just criticism (and at times just plain rudeness) you are going to have to make do with moderating as is.

i'd also - once again - like to direct everyone to the report to moderator link at the bottom right of every post made.

we moderate in our own time, and may miss things that cause offence. if you feel we've missed something, please use this button, before going on about selective moderating. it is highly likely that a moderator has not seen it in the first place.

I for one, only log on when I'm at home - and I'm on a time difference.

and to address your concern about ageism - Gerrry, I have no idea how many times mods have actually stepped in. You have however, proved yourself more than capable of dealing with what's been thrown at you and give as good as you get.

If we step in all the time we're accused of not allowing freedom of speech. Where do we draw the line?

No man can make you feel inferior unless you give him your consent Bryce Courtnay in White Thorn
In order to attain the impossible one must attempt the absurdMiguel de Unamuno (1865-1936)

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #177527 by Gerrry
*soft smile*
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Gerrry.

More
13 years 3 months ago #177534 by Imraan
I will never conform to what is said that irks me.
Rules are for conformity. I do not conform.
If what I say offends. Then you need to look at why it offends you.

More
13 years 3 months ago #177537 by Gerrry
Imraan, you are a conformist. :) You do follow rules and you had to do so to effect this posting. Did you switch on your computer so you could use it? That is a mandatory requirement and even you have to conform. ;)

You are a conformist, Imraan. Do you drive on the right side of the road? Always walk in the middle of the road, instead of on the pavement? Think about it.

Let's say you buy a car (privately) for R50,000 cash and the day after you have bought it you are hijacked and the car is never seen again. The car was not insured, since you did not have the time to insure it.

Now what will your reaction be? Will you smile and think:
Ah, the hijacker was a fellow non-conformist who ignores rules of society and I am not angry he took my car.

But what if you are having a bad non-conformist day and you do feel really angry, even rage, towards the swine who stole your car? Will you check yourself and ask yourself WHY you are angry?