Topic-icon Eish, but the language...

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #94135 by Gnarls
Folks

The forum is full of heated debates these days which is a good thing. I am however, a bit perturbed by the language used. I'm particularly disturbed when members disagree and verbally abuse each other. Please, a little respect goes a long way.

Now I do understand that the forum consists of more people than just me so I thought I'd ask you guys and gals, what do y'all think? I know we have the forum rules sticky but it seems to be blatantly ignored.

Cheers

P.S. No disrespect to anyone just getting it off my chest.
Last Edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Gnarls. Reason: the Gnarls has edited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94136 by ern18
Gnarls....

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!

I've noticed it to... in particular the last few weeks/days. and today!!

I have a problem with verbal/personal attacks.

That is not debate- that's just downright fighting albeit online.

People need to learn to respect the opinions of others. And OF COURSE not everyone is always going to agree with you - but just because that person's opinion differs doesn't give you the right to go name calling and swearing and getting personal.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

R.E.S.P.E.C.T is needed!

No man can make you feel inferior unless you give him your consent Bryce Courtnay in White Thorn
In order to attain the impossible one must attempt the absurdMiguel de Unamuno (1865-1936)

More
12 years 3 months ago #94140 by Girl4Pmb
I have been doing my best to clean up the forum by deleting inappropriate threads and commentary however I am unable to keep up with all the new threads.

Please assist me by reporting the user or sending me a pm with the name of the thread and the user's name.

Foul Language on the forum should not be tolerated. It's not only about respecting others but respecting yourself.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94145 by tessie
Its really starting to be a problem...language is one thing but personal attacks are ridiculous. If people realllyyyy need to attack someone please take it up in pms, the rest of us are just not that interested.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94154 by Aiden
This is why I am careful as to which topics I respond to. But the mere fact that grown men and can act in the manner as many have today makes me thank the Lord that I have too much work to do during the day to be part of this online soap opera.

It is a damn shame that some try and prove their manhood in this way.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94155 by shaft
Evening Nightshift crew!!! ;)

They (the shake-and-rattle crew) set the same trap time and time again and it's the same people getting caught everytime. They are extremely clever - I think they are harmless though [hey Chipyks]. Instead of reading and moving on they [the trapped] then respond and it all ends in flaming or cyber-feggo's.

I think for some, BO.com has invaded their personal and work lifes - I think it is an unhealthy situation [Three Talk here I come :laugh:]. I must admit that sometimes I log on just to see what happened to these cyber-feggo's (I think I must copyright this term).

In any case the swearing is rarely started by this crew. They do respond with 'force' though.

Anyone heard Ramon on Three Talk tonight? Our resident relationship expert. He was a guest (telephonically) and apparently a \"Speaker on Psychology and Technology\". I was like @#$; was he doing research on BO?

He is also not visiting the site anymore. It seems as if BO was not big enough for his and some of his detractors egos.

Will check again what's happening tomorrow evening; flying to CPT first thing tomorrow morning. :angry: SAA :angry:

More
12 years 3 months ago #94156 by Aiden
shaft wrote:

Anyone heard Ramon on Three Talk tonight? Our resident relationship expert. He was a guest (telephonically) and apparently a \"Speaker on Psychology and Technology\". I was like @#$; was he doing research on BO?

Missed that one because I had a very eventful day but I did catch his comments in the You about two months ago. This guy will hook you up with internet while getting your mother and sister to both go on a date with him and have your father pay for it.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94158 by FafaVannieKaap
Joh! Kyk hoe skinner julle backstabbers! Ek like nie die tone van die night-shift forum nie. Klink vir my na n Broederbond Tea Party!? Moetie julle ignorance soe expose nie. And don't become like the Oppressors of SA-Past! Especially when you're not living in the country anymore! I would like to believe that this site was created for Our People to express & enjoy themselves. And even tho we're all BO's we still come from different ...

More
12 years 3 months ago #94159 by Gnarls
^Dude, you've obviously not met Ramon! :P

More
12 years 3 months ago #94160 by Aiden
FafaVannieKaap wrote:

Joh! Kyk hoe skinner julle backstabbers! Ek like nie die tone van die night-shift forum nie. Klink vir my na n Broederbond Tea Party!? Moetie julle ignorance soe expose nie. And don't become like the Oppressors of SA-Past! Especially when you're not living in the country anymore! I would like to believe that this site was created for Our People to express & enjoy themselves. And even tho we're all BO's we still come from different ...

Fafa, ek dink jy het nou die kat aan die stert beet.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94161 by FafaVannieKaap
... different socio-economic backgrounds. Everyday we experience different things & also express ourselves differently. To each his/her own ... Live & let Live! Nobody's tied down to a Forum to be tortured. He/she has the Freedom to leave and chat elsewhere. doesn't mean that because some of you don't enjoy it that others don't!? Stop with this Westernised, oppressive mentality ... liberate your minds! None of you own these Forums; it's 4 all BOs

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #94162 by Gnarls
^Dude, is it too much to ask that the conversation just be kept clean, that the topic at hand be debated and that people with differing opinions not be sledgehammered?

And I don't buy that differing socio-economic circumstances excuse. If us Bruinou's want respect out there well then guess what, we gotta start acting respectfully.

Cheers

P.S. It can't be skinnering if it's on a public board mate. ;)
Last Edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Gnarls. Reason: the Gnarls has edited.

More
12 years 3 months ago #94165 by ern18
FafaVannieKaap wrote:

What does not living the same country have to do with anything please? :huh:

Being rude and getting personal is uncalled for wherever you might be on the planet! (and whatever your country of origin is...cos please note that there aren't only safricans on this site)

You can still adequately express yourself without being rude & swearing etc etc etc

and like Gnarls said..it ain't skinnering... do yourself a favour FVK and browse old threads...the stuff that's been going on lately has been going on for a long long time already. And chances are it'll continue. Because a reaction is sought and it is received in abundance.

And with Aiden on this as well... choosing which threads I actually reply to...but sometimes I can't help it and I just have to voice my opinion because the narrow-mindedness that is sometimes on display seriously bugs me!

And i'm gonna just stand up for the night crew and say that no-one is displaying ignorance! these people who have posted on this particular thread (and many many others) are intelligent, and know how to debate and voice their opinions without insulting anyone.even when they have very strong opinions about a certain issue AND someone has opposing views...

not that other people aren't intelligent...but i'm sure you get my point already.

ok. let me just stop there....

No man can make you feel inferior unless you give him your consent Bryce Courtnay in White Thorn
In order to attain the impossible one must attempt the absurdMiguel de Unamuno (1865-1936)

More
12 years 3 months ago #94166 by shaft
this is exactly how they trap you!!!:laugh: clever yet disturbing:angry:

More
12 years 3 months ago #94173 by Spell Jammer
shaft wrote:

this is exactly how they trap you!!!:laugh: clever yet disturbing:angry:

What is clever about being held hostage by a concentrated mass attack of terrorist whining?

More
12 years 3 months ago #94175 by DHimself
What about the hip-hop threads? Can the participants swear at each other there? I mean, it is the nature of the game...

More
12 years 3 months ago #94176 by DuranO
Aiden wrote:

shaft wrote:

Missed that one because I had a very eventful day but I did catch his comments in the You about two months ago. This guy will hook you up with internet while getting your mother and sister to both go on a date with him and have your father pay for it.

Tee hee hee....... hahahahhahah thats our Ramon old right:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
12 years 3 months ago #94179 by Rico0909
Gnarls wrote:

Folks

The forum is full of heated debates these days which is a good thing. I am however, a bit perturbed by the language used. I'm particularly disturbed when members disagree and verbally abuse each other. Please, a little respect goes a long way.

Now I do understand that the forum consists of more people than just me so I thought I'd ask you guys and gals, what do y'all think? I know we have the forum rules sticky but it seems to be blatantly ignored.

Cheers

I fully agree with you!!! You don't need to use profanity if you wanna bring you're point across... its just childish!:angry:
Ons is mos almal mooi groot hierso man.;)

More
12 years 3 months ago #94181 by Shakes van Poort
Shaft het die waarheid gepraat toe hy stoeka:

In any case the swearing is rarely started by this crew. They do respond with 'force' though.

Ek is NET bly dat n persoon wat neutraal is hierdie opgebring het en ek wil net se julle met julle VEIL BEKKE maak my net NAAR, en ek hoop n VLIEGTUIG vlieg in julle huise is as julle nog so sit...

My hell moet ek die dag altyd so skuins begin ek dink ek gaan biekie mediteer nou

DILLIGAF
Ek se wat ek wil, waneer ek wil, en net hoe ek dit wil se

More
12 years 3 months ago #94187 by tonig12
Gnarls wrote:

Folks

Cheers

Gnarls ...

Go F@#$ yourself!

only kidding you! This type of behaviour is not nice! I agree with you.

Show your intelligence and not your stupidity when your attack someone to proof a point!